Mojo Marinated Chicken with Grilled Purple Potatoes and Charred Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Grilled Flour Tortilla
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium purple potatoes, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (1/4 for marinade and 3/4 for salsa)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced (4 cloves for marinade and 6 cloves for salsa)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bunches cilantro, leaves roughly chopped (1/2 for marinade and 1/2 for salsa)
- 2 lemons, halved (1 lemon for marinade and 1 for salsa)
- 2 limes, halved (1 lime for marinade and 1 for salsa)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Marinade: Mix cumin, cilantro, garlic, onion, lemon juice, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and pour into a zip lock bag. Add the chicken and make sure the chicken is coated with the marinade. Let sit in the refrigerator minimum 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium heat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, and grill until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
Put the potatoes in a small pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for just a few minutes until potatoes are cooked, but not soft. Drain the potatoes and add them to a bowl. Add some olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss the potatoes to coat with the oil. Put on the grill and cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the grill to a serving dish.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the corn, onion, and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add black beans and cook 2 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peppers, tomato and cilantro. Squeeze in the juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Slice the chicken and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with the grilled potatoes, the corn and bean salsa and flour tortillas.