Mahi Mahi with Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for oiling fish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds mahi mahi
Directions for Salsa:
For the salsa, combine mango, papaya, pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro, shallot, garlic, lemon and lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl. Set aside.
Directions for Mahi Mahi
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Cut the mahi mahi into approx. 4 ounce pieces. Brush both sides of each piece with olive oil; season each piece with salt and pepper. Place fish onto the grill or grill pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Plate the fish with a generous spoonful of salsa atop each piece. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings